Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo
|Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo|
|Single by B'z|
|from the album C'mon|
|Released||April 13, 2010|
|Promotions||#1 (Pepsi NEX)|
|B'z singles chronology|
"Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo"(さよなら傷だらけの日々よ/Goodbye painful days) is the forty-eighth single by B'z, released on April 13, 2011. This is the first single to be released after Koshi Inaba and Tak Matsumoto had wrapped up their respective solo projects by the end of 2010. Originally, the single was scheduled to be released on March 30, 2011, however, due to the magnitude 9.0 earthquake that hit North Japan, B'z was forced to delay the release of their new single due to production difficulties. Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo is the first song to be solely composed for a commercial, namely the new Pepsi NEX one. Matsumoto said in an interview that he had a look at the storyboard of the commercial to get an impression how the song should turn out to be. B'z themselves also starred in the commercial, which is a first time for them in that respect as well.
- Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo (さよなら傷だらけの日々よ Goodbye painful days) - 3:43
- Hard Rock - With Pepsi's new ad campaign theme "GO NEXT!" in mind, this track is about leaving an old life behind and starting into a new one - a new world. Theme song for Pepsi NEX's ad campaign.
- Dawn Runner - 3:05
- Hard Rock - Originally called "The Runner", this track is an outtake from the album "ACTION". It was chosen because it makes the single well-balanced. Tak Matsumoto decided to rename the song after looking at the cover for the single.
- Limited Edition (CD+DVD): 「Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo」 Music Video
The music video was shot at Inyokern Airport, California and was filmed alongside the commercials in January 2011 for the new Pepsi NEX ad campaign.
- Tak Matsumoto: Guitar, Music Composition, Arrangement
- Koshi Inaba: Vocals, Lyric Composition, Arrangement
- Shane Gaalaas (Tracks 1, 2)
- Barry Sparks (Tracks 1, 2)
- TAMA Music Strings: Strings (Track 2)
- Hideyuki Terachi: Arrangement
B'z performed Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo on the Music Station 3-Hour special which aired on April 1, 2011. They also performed Brotherhood to cheer up the people that have been affected by the earthquake. In addition to that, Tak Matsumoto as well as Koshi Inaba starred in the new Pepsi NEX TV commercials.