Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo
|Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo|
|Single by B'z|
|from the album C'mon|
|Released||April 13, 2011|
|Promotions||#1 (Pepsi NEX)|
|B'z singles chronology|
Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo (さよなら傷だらけの日々よ, Goodbye Painful Days) is the forty-eighth single by B'z, released on April 13, 2011. It is the first single to be released after the band had wrapped up their respective solo projects from the previous year. Originally, the single was scheduled to be released on March 30, 2011, but due to the magnitude 9.0 earthquake that hit northern Japan shortly before, the single was delayed as a result of production difficulties. At release, the song debuted at #1 on the Weekly Oricon Singles chart and became the forty-fourth consecutive single for the band to do so. The titular track from the single would go on to be included on the band's next album, C'mon, and would also be used to open the LIVE-GYM of the same name.
The song, which was tied in to a Pepsi NEX commercial, was the first B'z song to be solely composed for a commercial. Tak said in an interview that he looked over the storyboard for the commercial to get an impression of what he felt the song should ultimately sound like. The resulting advertisement was the first time in which B'z had appeared in a commercial. The commercial and music video were filmed simultaneously at California's Inyokern Airport in January 2011. The music video was made available in the limited edition version of the single on a bonus DVD, and was also made available on the band's official YouTube page.
B'z performed the song on television for the three-hour special of Music Station that broadcast on April 1, 2011. After the performance, the band followed up with a rendition of "Brotherhood" in order to provide support for those that had been affected by the disaster.
In 2012, the limited edition package for the band's fiftieth single, "GO FOR IT, BABY -Kioku no Sanmyaku-", included a performance of "Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo" from the special PEPSI NEX 1DAY LIVE event the previous year.
- Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo — Goodbye, Painful Days, さよなら傷だらけの日々よ
- With Pepsi's new ad slogan "GO NEXT!" in mind, the track is about leaving an old life behind to begin a new one. It also marked the very first occasion in which B'z wrote a song specifically for a commercial.
- Dawn Runner
- Originally entitled "The Runner", the song is an outtake from the ACTION sessions. Tak decided to rename the song after looking over the cover for the single itself. "Dawn Runner" was chosen for inclusion here by the band in order to create a well-balanced single.
- Limited Edition (CD+DVD): 「Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo」 Music Video
- Tak Matsumoto: Guitar, Music Composition, Arrangement
- Koshi Inaba: Vocals, Lyric Composition, Arrangement
- Shane Gaalaas (Tracks 1, 2)
- Barry Sparks (Tracks 1, 2)
- TAMA Music Strings: Strings (Track 2)
- Hideyuki Terachi: Arrangement