BURN -Fumetsu no Face-
|BURN -Fumetsu no Face-|
|Single by B'z|
|Released||April 16, 2008|
|Promotions||#1 (Kose Esprique CM)|
|B'z singles chronology|
BURN -Fumetsu no Face- (BURN -フメツノフェイス-, BURN -Eternal Face-) is the forty-fifth single by B'z, released on April 16, 2008. The song was used in tandem with a promotion for Kose Esprique Precious cosmetics. Upon release, the single debuted at #1 on the Oricon Weekly Singles chart and became the 41st consecutive #1 single for the band. The song made its album debut when it was voted for inclusion by fans on one of the band's two 20th anniversary collections, B'z The Best "ULTRA Treasure", as the thirteenth track on the second disc. Later, in 2013, it was collected with fellow singles on B'z The Best XXV 1999-2012.
The single became the first since "FIREBALL" was released in 1997 that B'z tied-up with a major cosmetics promotion. The band made no promotional appearances on television to promote the single despite doing so for other recent releases, due to the time of release overlapping with the band's touring schedule for B'z LIVE-GYM 2008 "ACTION". A promotional video for the single was filmed, however, which was broadcast on several music channels around the original release window.
As a result of 2008 being the year of the band's 20th anniversary and the new commemorative collections being released, this was the only new B'z single released for the year. Despite being frequently played in 2008 and 2009, with its last appearance at SUMMER SONIC 09, "BURN -Fumetsu no Face-" would not reappear until six years later as part of B'z LIVE-GYM 2015 -EPIC NIGHT-.
- BURN -Fumetsu no Face- — BURN -Eternal Face-, BURN -フメツノフェイス-
- The full music video for the song first premiered on the official fanclub site, marking only the second time this was the case, with the first being that of "Ai no Bakudan". Similarly, it was the second music video by the band to employ extensive CG—the first being their video for "SUPER LOVE SONG".
- The song was completed and recorded during the MONSTER sessions, but was first heard with this single's release. Before the single went on sale, the track was played on "FM yokohama 84.7". Additionally, Koshi also attended college in Yokohama.
- Kibou no Uta — Song of Hope, 希望の歌
- Also recorded as part of the MONSTER sessions, the song was first made publicly available with this release. It had been heard by fans earlier at the March 9th performance of their 2008 tour promoting their then-latest release, ACTION, when the song was played to the audience as the band left the stage.
- BURN -Fumetsu no Face- [87 SHOWS]
- Kibou no Uta
|No.||Cover||Single||Physical Copies Sold||Chart Positions||Certification|
BURN -Fumetsu no Face-
- Tak Matsumoto: Guitar, Music Composition, Arrangement
- Koshi Inaba: Vocals, Lyric Composition, Arrangement
- Shane Gaalaas: Drums
- Barry Sparks: Bass (Track 1)
- Akihito Tokunaga: Bass (Tracks 2 & 3), Arrangement (Tracks 2 & 3)
- Hideyuki Terachi: Arrangement (Track 1)